Alix Perez - Sabotage (2026)
I can appreciate the level of craftsmanship on Sabotage, but I never become fully invested in it. Alix Perez delivers pristine production, with deep, weighty bass and meticulous sound design that immediately stands out. Every track feels professionally built, and the atmosphere remains consistently dark and immersive. At the same time, the album leans so heavily on mood that many ideas begin to blend together. Once the novelty of the sound design fades, I find myself wanting stronger compositions or more distinctive moments to separate one track from the next. It's an undeniably polished bass music release, but it leaves me admiring the engineering more than the music itself. I enjoy individual passages, yet I don't come away feeling compelled to revisit the album often.
Pros
Outstanding production and low-end engineering.Consistently dark, immersive atmosphere.
Confident execution of the halftime/deep dubstep style.
Cons
Tracks can feel too similar over the course of the release.Atmosphere often outweighs memorable songwriting.
More technically impressive than emotionally engaging.
Genre: Dubstep
Country: Belgium
Final Verdict: 64% (Good Album)
Yearly Ranking: 315th / 568
Highlight: Evil Twin
Made me think of:
Shades
Ivy Lab
Visages
#newalbum #newalbum2026 #albumrelease #newmusic #albumoftheday #nowspinning #NowPlaying #musicdiscovery
#Dubstep #AlixPerez #Belgium
#LP #Album #release
