Fleesh - Echoes of Time (An '80s Tribute) (2026)
I enjoyed this more than I expected. Fleesh approaches these '80s classics with genuine respect while adding enough of its melodic progressive rock identity to keep the performances from feeling like straightforward copies. The musicianship is consistently impressive, the production is polished, and the arrangements are tasteful without trying too hard to reinvent songs that hardly need fixing. Even so, I can't escape the feeling that the album's biggest strengths belong to the original material. Fleesh elevates a few moments with subtle progressive touches, but rarely transforms the songs into something distinctly its own. It's an entertaining and well-crafted tribute that succeeds because of its execution rather than its originality. I can see myself revisiting it occasionally, though mostly when I'm in the mood for these songs rather than for Fleesh itself.
Pros
Strong musicianship and polished performances throughout.Respectful arrangements with tasteful progressive flourishes.
Consistent production that captures the spirit of the originals.
Cons
Limited originality compared to Fleesh's own material.Few interpretations offer a significantly fresh perspective.
The album depends heavily on the enduring quality of the source songs.
Genre: Melodic Rock
Country: Brazil
Final Verdict: 68% (Good Album)
Yearly Ranking: 74th / 575
Highlight: I Want To Know What Love Is
Made me think of:
Mostly Autumn
Meer
Renaissance
#newalbum #newalbum2026 #albumrelease #newmusic #albumoftheday #nowspinning #NowPlaying #musicdiscovery
#MelodicRock #Fleesh #Brazil
#LP #Album #release
