Jordsjø - Pestkrønikene (2026)


I like the atmosphere that Jordsjø creates, but I come away feeling that the album is stronger as an exercise in classic progressive rock than as a truly memorable record. The folk influences, vintage keyboards and warm analog production are all beautifully executed, and it's easy to appreciate the musicianship behind every arrangement. At the same time, many of the melodies pass by without leaving a lasting impression, and the album rarely steps outside the boundaries of the retro prog sound it's paying tribute to. Everything is tasteful and cohesive, but very little surprises me emotionally or compositionally. I enjoy listening to it while it's on, yet I don't feel a strong urge to return to it afterward. It's a solid modern prog album that captures a specific aesthetic well, even if it doesn't distinguish itself enough from the many bands working in the same tradition.

Pros

Beautiful blend of Scandinavian folk and vintage progressive rock.
Rich instrumentation featuring Mellotron, flute and Hammond organ.
Cohesive atmosphere with consistently polished musicianship.

Cons

Relies heavily on familiar retro prog conventions.
Few melodies remain memorable after the album ends.
More immersive than emotionally impactful or innovative.





Genre: Progressive Rock
Country: Norway

Final Verdict: 69% (Good Album)
Yearly Ranking: 52th / 573

Highlight: White Magic


Made me think of:
Änglagård
Sinkadus
Tusmørke

#newalbum #newalbum2026 #albumrelease #newmusic #albumoftheday #nowspinning #NowPlaying #musicdiscovery
#ProgressiveRock #Jordsjø #Norway
#LP #Album #release

 

Popular posts from this blog

Oddleaf - Where Ideal and Denial Collide (2024)

Cola - The Gloss (2024)

Bring Me The Horizon - Count Your Blessings | Repented (2026)