Yes - Roosevelt Stadium, Jersey City, NJ, 17 June 1976 (2026)


I can appreciate why this concert has become legendary, but I don't think it reaches the level of the very best live progressive rock releases. The band performs with remarkable precision, and the Relayer material is as ambitious and technically demanding as ever, yet the recording never fully lets me forget that I'm listening to a 1976 broadcast. The musicianship is outstanding, but the sound quality and extended instrumental passages occasionally make the experience feel more impressive than genuinely engaging. I admire the historical significance and the commitment of the performances, though I don't find myself returning to it as often as stronger live documents from the era. For dedicated Yes fans it's an essential archive, but as a standalone live album it falls just short of being consistently rewarding.

Pros

Excellent performances from one of Yes' strongest lineups.
Epic compositions are played with confidence and precision.
An important historical document finally released officially.

Cons

Broadcast-quality audio limits immersion.
Long instrumental sections can feel self-indulgent.
More valuable for its historical importance than its replay value.





Genre: Progressive Rock
Country: UK

Final Verdict: 67% (Good Album)
Yearly Ranking: 85th / 551

Highlight: Ritual (Live at Roosevelt Stadium, Jersey City, NJ, 6/17/1976)


Made me think of:
King Crimson
Genesis
Emerson, Lake & Palmer

#newalbum #newalbum2026 #albumrelease #newmusic #albumoftheday #nowspinning #NowPlaying #musicdiscovery
#ProgressiveRock #Yes #UK
#LP #Album #release

 

Popular posts from this blog

Oddleaf - Where Ideal and Denial Collide (2024)

Cola - The Gloss (2024)

Bring Me The Horizon - Count Your Blessings | Repented (2026)