quedalivre - seres urbanos (2026)


I enjoy the atmosphere seres urbanos creates more than the songs themselves. The blend of shoegaze, alternative metal and dreamlike textures gives the album a distinctive identity, and there's enough ambition to keep me interested from start to finish. Still, I often feel like the mood carries the record more than the songwriting. Several tracks build compelling soundscapes but never develop into truly memorable compositions, and the vocal melodies don't always leave a lasting impression. The production is strong for an independent release and the band clearly has personality, but I don't think every idea is fully realized. I leave the album appreciating its direction and aesthetic more than feeling emotionally attached to it. It's a promising debut with flashes of originality, though it still feels like a band refining its strengths rather than delivering a consistently great record.

Pros

Excellent atmosphere with an appealing blend of heaviness and shoegaze textures.
Distinct artistic identity that avoids sounding derivative.
Solid production that enhances the immersive mood.

Cons

Songwriting isn't consistently memorable.
Vocal melodies lack impact on several tracks.
More impressive for its sound than for its emotional or melodic payoff.





Genre: Shoegaze
Country: Brazil

Final Verdict: 64% (Good Album)
Yearly Ranking: 268th / 552

Highlight: fungo


Made me think of:
Loathe
Deftones
My Bloody Valentine


#newalbum #newalbum2026 #albumrelease #newmusic #albumoftheday #nowspinning #NowPlaying #musicdiscovery
#Shoegaze #quedalivre #Brazil
#LP #Album #release

 

Popular posts from this blog

Oddleaf - Where Ideal and Denial Collide (2024)

Cola - The Gloss (2024)

Bring Me The Horizon - Count Your Blessings | Repented (2026)