Asher White - Love Aggregates (2026)


I can hear immediately why people would find this impressive. There is a huge amount of work in these arrangements, and Asher White clearly has no shortage of ideas. Guitars disappear, horns appear, rhythms shift, songs collapse and restart somewhere else. Very little stays still for long.

The problem is that I do not always think the songs benefit from that.

“Stage Diva” is probably the best example. There is a strong melodic core, but the arrangement keeps interrupting it. At first that feels exciting. After a while, I start wishing she would trust the song a little more and let it breathe.

That feeling comes back several times across the album. I often admire a transition or a production detail, but then realise I have forgotten the actual melody. That is a problem for me. Cleverness is not the same as memorability, and originality is not automatically replay value.

“Atoll” works better because it is more restrained. “The Eagle Is No Omen” also feels stronger because the emotional idea stays visible underneath the production. Those are the moments where I hear the artist rather than the arrangement strategy.

The short running time saves the record from becoming tiring, but even then I find it slightly overdesigned. There are too many moments where another idea arrives before the previous one has really landed.

I respect the ambition, and there are clearly several very good songs here. But I am much more likely to admire the album than love it.

Inventive, detailed and full of personality, but too restless and too self-conscious for me to connect with it deeply. 





Genre: Art Pop
Country: US

Final Verdict: 61% (Good Album)
Yearly Ranking: 528th / 689

Highlight: The Eagle Is No Omen


Made me think of:
Jessica Pratt
Cate Le Bon
Julia Holter

#newalbum #newalbum2026 #albumrelease #newmusic #albumoftheday #nowspinning #NowPlaying #musicdiscovery
#ArtPop #AsherWhite #US
#LP #Album #release

 

Popular posts from this blog

Cola - The Gloss (2024)

Bring Me The Horizon - Count Your Blessings | Repented (2026)