Gilla Band - Pugnello (2026)
There is a lot of personality here, but I find the experience more tiring than rewarding.
The sound is immediately recognizable. Gilla Band use distortion, repetition, electronics and noise in a way that feels very deliberate, and the production has a real physical presence.
“Crisp Pop” is my favourite. The longer format gives the band more room to develop an idea, and it feels less trapped by the constant need to shock or destabilize.
The problem is that the album rarely gives me enough contrast. Once the combination of abrasive guitars, shouted vocals and industrial textures is established, too many tracks operate in roughly the same emotional space.
I also struggle with the songwriting. There are interesting sounds everywhere, but fewer moments that stay with me once the noise disappears.
The record is never anonymous, and I respect the commitment to its aesthetic. I just do not get much pleasure or replay value from it.
60/100
❤️ Favourite track: “Crisp Pop”
+ Very strong sonic identity
+ Bold and coherent production
+ A few genuinely interesting structural ideas
– Too abrasive for sustained replay
– Limited melodic or emotional contrast
– More memorable as a sound than as a collection of songs
Genre: Noise Rock
Country: Ireland
Final Verdict: 60% (Good Album)
Yearly Ranking: 581th / 728
Highlight: Crisp Pop
Made me think of:
Daughters
Model/Actriz
Mandy, Indiana
#newalbum #newalbum2026 #albumrelease #newmusic #albumoftheday #nowspinning #NowPlaying #musicdiscovery
#NoiseRock #GillaBand #Ireland
#LP #Album #release
