Gesaffelstein - Enter The Gamma (2026)
I can appreciate the craftsmanship behind this live album, but it doesn't leave much of a lasting impression on me. Gesaffelstein's industrial sound is still heavy, polished and unmistakably his own, and the continuous mixing gives the performance a satisfying sense of momentum. Even so, the set rarely moves beyond the mood I've come to expect from him. The relentless darkness starts to feel one-dimensional, and because the arrangements stay fairly close to the originals, there aren't many moments that genuinely surprise me. I enjoy the atmosphere while it's playing, but once it's over, I don't feel much desire to return to it. It's a competent live document that reinforces Gesaffelstein's strengths without revealing much that I hadn't already heard.
Pros
Powerful, immersive live production.Cohesive flow with seamless transitions.
Maintains Gesaffelstein's distinctive industrial aesthetic.
Cons
Limited variation across the set.Few reinterpretations or unexpected moments.
More enjoyable in the moment than memorable afterward.
Genre: Midtempo
Country: France
Final Verdict: 64% (Good Album)
Yearly Ranking: 271th / 566
Highlight: The Perfect x I Was Never There (live)
Made me think of:
Justice
Vitalic
Boys Noize
#newalbum #newalbum2026 #albumrelease #newmusic #albumoftheday #nowspinning #NowPlaying #musicdiscovery
#Midtempo #Gesaffelstein #France
#LP #Album #release
