Nirosta Steel - MY SKYSCRAPER (2026)


I can appreciate the originality behind MY SKYSCRAPER, but I spend more time admiring the concept than enjoying the music itself. The album constantly jumps between ideas, styles and moods, and while that unpredictability is clearly intentional, it also makes it difficult for me to become emotionally invested. There are moments where the songwriting and production reveal a genuinely unique artistic voice, but they're surrounded by passages that feel overly eccentric or underdeveloped. Instead of building momentum, the album often feels like a collection of fascinating sketches. I leave respecting Steven Hall's creativity and commitment to his vision, yet I rarely find songs that stay with me after they've ended. It's an ambitious experimental work, but for me, the experience is more intellectually stimulating than genuinely rewarding.

Pros

Exceptionally original artistic vision.
Creative fusion of experimental pop, disco and rock influences.
Strong sense of personality throughout.

Cons

Fragmented structure hurts cohesion.
Many ideas feel more interesting than enjoyable.
Low replay value due to the album's deliberately unconventional approach.





Genre: Art Pop
Country: UK

Final Verdict: 57% (Forgettable Album)
Yearly Ranking: 524th / 554

Highlight: BOSS TRIX (BENNY'S SONG)


Made me think of:
David Byrne
Talking Heads
Robert Wyatt

#newalbum #newalbum2026 #albumrelease #newmusic #albumoftheday #nowspinning #NowPlaying #musicdiscovery
#ArtPop #NirostaSteel #UK
#LP #Album #release

 

Popular posts from this blog

Oddleaf - Where Ideal and Denial Collide (2024)

Cola - The Gloss (2024)

Bring Me The Horizon - Count Your Blessings | Repented (2026)