YUNG DECKK - Dust Reciever 2077 ☏⁺ (2026)


I admire the ambition behind Dust Reciever 2077 ☏⁺, but I never feel like it comes together as a satisfying album. There are plenty of creative ideas scattered throughout the project, and every so often a track captures the hazy, futuristic atmosphere it's aiming for. Unfortunately, those moments are buried beneath an overwhelming amount of material that desperately needed editing. Instead of feeling expansive, the runtime becomes exhausting, and the constant shifts in style make it difficult to stay invested. The lack of structure turns many tracks into sketches rather than fully realized songs, so even the strongest ideas lose their impact. I respect the imagination and DIY spirit, but I leave feeling that the project values quantity over refinement. With a much tighter selection of material, it could have been far more compelling.

Pros

Distinctive and highly creative sonic identity.
Fearless experimentation with textures and genres.
A handful of genuinely memorable highlights.

Cons

Excessively long runtime undermines the listening experience.
Inconsistent songwriting and uneven quality throughout.
Feels more like an unfiltered collection of ideas than a cohesive album.





Genre: Cloud Rap
Country: US

Final Verdict: 57% (Forgettable Album)
Yearly Ranking: 535th / 555

Highlight: Murder in The Streets


Made me think of:
Black Kray
DJ Smokey
Bladee

#newalbum #newalbum2026 #albumrelease #newmusic #albumoftheday #nowspinning #NowPlaying #musicdiscovery
#CloudRap #YUNGDECKK #US
#LP #Album #release

 

Popular posts from this blog

Oddleaf - Where Ideal and Denial Collide (2024)

Cola - The Gloss (2024)

Bring Me The Horizon - Count Your Blessings | Repented (2026)