Scurra & Totojira - DOGHOUSE (2026)
I like the chemistry between Scurra and Totojira, and there are flashes of real potential throughout the album, but it never develops into something I find consistently compelling. The production has a warm, soulful character that creates a pleasant atmosphere, yet too many tracks settle into a similar groove without offering memorable hooks or standout lyrical moments. Scurra delivers solid performances, though the writing rarely reaches the level of insight or personality needed to make the project stick with me after it ends. It's an easy album to appreciate while it's playing, but once it's over, very little pulls me back. I respect the craft and consistency, but I leave feeling like I've heard an enjoyable underground rap record rather than one that distinguishes itself from the crowded field.
Pros
Smooth, soulful production with a cohesive sound.Good chemistry between rapper and producer.
Consistent mood and pacing across the project.
Cons
Too few songs leave a lasting impression.Lyrical content doesn't consistently stand out.
Plays it relatively safe within the abstract hip-hop style.
Genre: Abstract Hip-Hop
Country: US
Final Verdict: 62% (Good Album)
Yearly Ranking: 388th / 562
Highlight: THE DEATH OF TOTOJIRA
Made me think of:
Earl Sweatshirt
Boldy James & The Alchemist
MIKE
#newalbum #newalbum2026 #albumrelease #newmusic #albumoftheday #nowspinning #NowPlaying #musicdiscovery
#AbstractHip-Hop #Scurra&Totojira #US
#LP #Album #release
