Anthony Gamazo - Hollow (2026)


I appreciate the sincerity behind Hollow, but I don't think the album is strong enough to justify its length or ambition. Anthony Gamazo clearly has an eye for atmosphere, and there are moments where the songwriting hints at something genuinely moving, but too often the songs settle into the same subdued mood without developing into memorable highlights. The emotional intent is obvious, yet the execution feels inconsistent. The rough production and uneven vocal performances sometimes add character, but just as often they distract from the material. I come away respecting the vision more than the final result. It's a promising debut with flashes of real potential, but it needs tighter songwriting, stronger editing, and more distinctive moments before I'd want to return to it regularly.

Pros

Honest, emotionally sincere songwriting.
Strong sense of atmosphere throughout.
Shows plenty of artistic promise for a debut.

Cons

Songs often blend together and lack memorable hooks.
Uneven vocals and lo-fi production weaken the impact.
The lengthy runtime exposes repetitive ideas and inconsistent pacing.

Genre: Singer-Songwriter
Country: US

Final Verdict: 63% (Good Album)
Yearly Ranking: 323th / 563

Highlight: Euthanasia

Made me think of:
Ethel Cain
Sufjan Stevens
Mount Eerie

#newalbum #newalbum2026 #albumrelease #newmusic #albumoftheday #nowspinning #NowPlaying #musicdiscovery
#Singer-Songwriter #AnthonyGamazo #US
#LP #Album #release