YUNG EXU - chanel feia (2026)


I appreciate the personality behind chanel feia, but I don't think the album fully delivers on its ideas. YUNG EXU has a distinctive voice, and the production is often inventive, pulling from jazz, drumless hip hop and experimental textures to create a unique atmosphere. Even so, the record feels uneven. A number of tracks seem more like rough sketches than fully developed songs, and the fragmented structure makes it difficult to stay emotionally invested from beginning to end. There are moments where everything clicks and the creativity is genuinely exciting, but they're too inconsistent to make the album truly memorable. I come away respecting the artistic vision and originality, yet I rarely feel compelled to revisit it. It's an interesting project with flashes of brilliance, but it still feels like an artist whose ideas are stronger than their execution.

Pros

Unique artistic identity with creative production.
Honest, introspective writing and strong personality.
Willingness to experiment without chasing trends.

Cons

Inconsistent pacing and cohesion.
Several tracks feel underdeveloped.
More intriguing than genuinely rewarding over repeated listens.





Genre: Experimental Hip Hop
Country: Brazil

Final Verdict: 64% (Good Album)
Yearly Ranking: 298th / 559

Highlight: homem metal


Made me think of:
MIKE
billy woods
Navy Blue

#newalbum #newalbum2026 #albumrelease #newmusic #albumoftheday #nowspinning #NowPlaying #musicdiscovery
#ExperimentalHipHop #YUNGEXU #Brazil
#LP #Album #release

 

Popular posts from this blog

Oddleaf - Where Ideal and Denial Collide (2024)

Cola - The Gloss (2024)

Bring Me The Horizon - Count Your Blessings | Repented (2026)