Tangolo Mangos - PEDAGIOS Y CARONAS (2026)
I like the personality this album brings, but I don't think its ambition is matched by consistently strong songwriting. The blend of Brazilian regional music, psychedelia and indie rock is distinctive, and the live recording gives everything a loose, energetic feel that suits the band well. However, after the initial excitement wears off, I find many of the songs struggling to leave a lasting impression. The constant stylistic changes keep things interesting, yet they also make the album feel unfocused at times. There are moments where the creativity really shines, but they're surrounded by passages that feel more like interesting ideas than fully realized songs. I come away appreciating the band's originality and chemistry, but I don't feel a strong desire to revisit the record often. It's enjoyable while it lasts, though it ultimately falls short of its potential.
Pros
Original fusion of psychedelic rock and Brazilian musical traditions.Strong live energy and natural band chemistry.
Creative arrangements full of character.
Cons
Songwriting isn't consistently memorable.Eclectic structure occasionally feels unfocused.
Replay value is limited despite the album's creativity.
Genre: Indie Rock
Country: Brazil
Final Verdict: 63% (Good Album)
Yearly Ranking: 315th / 558
Highlight: GERAIS DO VIEIRA
Made me think of:
Boogarins
Pelados
Os Mutantes
#newalbum #newalbum2026 #albumrelease #newmusic #albumoftheday #nowspinning #NowPlaying #musicdiscovery
#IndieRock #TangoloMangos #Brazil
#LP #Album #release
