acloudyskye - In a while this will all be gone (2026)
I like the atmosphere this album creates, but I don't think the songwriting consistently lives up to the production. The blend of indietronica, post-rock and indie rock is tasteful, and it's clear that a lot of care went into the arrangements, yet many of the songs feel too reliant on slow builds and mood to leave a lasting impression. There are moments where the emotional weight comes through, but they're surrounded by passages that feel pleasant rather than compelling. I respect the sincerity and ambition behind the project, though I rarely find myself eager to revisit individual tracks once the album is over. It's a cohesive and well-produced listen, but one that values texture and atmosphere more than memorable melodies or emotional payoff.
Pros
Beautifully layered production with immersive sound design.Strong balance between electronic and organic instrumentation.
Cohesive atmosphere from beginning to end.
Cons
Songwriting often feels secondary to the production.Several tracks overstay their welcome without a satisfying payoff.
Memorable moments are too infrequent to encourage repeated listens.
Genre: Indietronica
Country: US
Final Verdict: 64% (Good Album)
Yearly Ranking: 246th / 557
Highlight: Surf/Ichor
Made me think of:
Parannoul
Asian Glow
The World Is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die
#newalbum #newalbum2026 #albumrelease #newmusic #albumoftheday #nowspinning #NowPlaying #musicdiscovery
#Indietronica #acloudyskye #US
#LP #Album #release
