A Swarm of the Sun - Live at Dunk Festival 2025 (2026)


I think Live at Dunk Festival 2025 is a good live album, but I don't think the atmosphere is quite enough to make it a truly strong one.

The Pyre is probably the highlight for me. The slow build works because the drums and guitars gradually give the piece real physical weight, and the final section feels earned rather than automatic. An Heir to the Throne also benefits from the live setting and makes a very effective ending.

I also like The Woods. The sparse vocals help a lot because they give the quieter sections an emotional centre instead of leaving everything to texture and dynamics.

My main issue is repetition. A Swarm of the Sun are very good at moving from fragile, restrained passages into huge walls of sound, but several tracks rely on a similar emotional arc. Once I understand that pattern, some of the later climaxes lose part of their impact.

The live setting does add intensity, but not every song feels substantially transformed. I often remember the overall mood, the weight of the guitars and the sense of release more clearly than the individual themes.

So for me this is clearly above average: immersive, powerful and very well performed. I just don't think it has enough variation or enough individually memorable material to push much higher.

Pros
The Pyre and An Heir to the Throne are genuinely powerful live
Strong balance between fragility and heaviness
Excellent atmosphere and performance

Cons
Several tracks use similar slow-build structures
The overall mood is more memorable than some individual themes
Not every live version feels essential compared with the studio material





Genre: Post Rock
Country: Sweden

Final Verdict: 69% (Good Album)
Yearly Ranking: 66th / 656

Highlight: The Pyre


Made me think of:
Cult of Luna
MONO
Oh Hiroshima

#newalbum #newalbum2026 #albumrelease #newmusic #albumoftheday #nowspinning #NowPlaying #musicdiscovery
#PostRock #ASwarmoftheSun #Sweden
#LP #Album #release

 

Popular posts from this blog

Cola - The Gloss (2024)

Bring Me The Horizon - Count Your Blessings | Repented (2026)

Oddleaf - Where Ideal and Denial Collide (2024)