Besvärjelsen - Till Glömskan Ad Oblivionem (2026)
I think Till Glömskan Ad Oblivionem is a solid album, but I don't think the songwriting is consistently strong enough to make it more than that.
Lea Amling Alazam is easily the main reason it works for me. Her voice gives the music much more personality than the usual stoner/doom formula, especially on Drifters on a Quiet Stream, where the slower pace and piano create a genuinely different emotional space.
Accelerating Hearts is another highlight because the groove is immediate and the duet adds some useful contrast. I also like Oblivion as a closing track, which brings back the darker, more melancholic side of the album without simply repeating the heavier songs.
The problem is that quite a lot of the record blends together. The guitar tones are good, the production is warm and the riffs are consistently competent, but too many tracks occupy the same space between fuzzy hard rock, doom and melancholy.
I also don't think the hooks are as memorable as they initially seem. There are several songs I enjoy while they are playing, but fewer that I immediately want to return to afterwards.
The compact running time definitely helps. At around forty-three minutes, the album never becomes exhausting, and there is enough variation to keep it moving.
So for me this is a good, well-made heavy rock album with a distinctive singer and a few strong moments. I just remember the overall sound more clearly than most of the individual songs.
ProsLea Amling Alazam gives the band a distinctive voice
Accelerating Hearts and Drifters on a Quiet Stream are clear highlights
Compact running time keeps the album focused
Cons
Too many songs occupy a similar stoner/doom space
Riffs are solid rather than especially memorable
The overall atmosphere is stronger than the individual songwriting
Genre: Stoner Rock
Country: Sweden
Final Verdict: 66% (Good Album)
Yearly Ranking: 157th / 657
Highlight: Drifters on a Quiet Stream
Made me think of:
Greenleaf
Elder
King Buffalo
#newalbum #newalbum2026 #albumrelease #newmusic #albumoftheday #nowspinning #NowPlaying #musicdiscovery
#StonerRock #Besvärjelsen #Sweden
#LP #Album #release
