Little Big Town - It's a dying art (2026)
I think It’s a Dying Art is a good album, mostly because Little Big Town still know how to make very polished country sound warm and human.
The harmonies are obviously the main strength. Sucker for a Sad Song works immediately, and Ashley Monroe blends naturally with the group. The Door is another highlight because the restrained arrangement gives the vocals and Jason Isbell’s guitar enough space to breathe.
I also like Hey There Sunshine and The Idea. Both songs are emotionally direct without becoming too sentimental, while Crickets is probably the track I would return to first because the bluesier groove finally gives the album some real movement.
My main problem is still the pacing. Too many songs sit in the same relaxed, melancholic mid-tempo space, and after a while the individual melodies become harder to separate. The performances remain excellent, but I sometimes remember the vocal blend more clearly than the songs themselves.
The final section improves things. Closing Time and It’s Coming Around bring more character, and Jet Plane is a simple but effective ending.
So for me this is slightly better than just a pleasant, well-made country album. There are enough songs I would keep, and the vocal identity is strong enough to make it worth returning to. I just don’t think the songwriting is consistently distinctive enough to push it much higher.
ProsExceptional vocal harmonies throughout
Crickets, Hey There Sunshine and The Door are strong highlights
Warm, organic production suits the material very well
Cons
Too many songs stay in a similar mid-tempo mood
Some melodies are pleasant rather than memorable
The vocal performances are often stronger than the songwriting
Genre: Country
Country: US
Final Verdict: 65% (Good Album)
Yearly Ranking: 223th / 658
Highlight: Sucker for a Sad Song
Made me think of:
The Highwomen
Fleetwood Mac
Lady A
#newalbum #newalbum2026 #albumrelease #newmusic #albumoftheday #nowspinning #NowPlaying #musicdiscovery
#Country #LittleBigTown #US
#LP #Album #release
