Carly Pearce - Honest Woman (2026)
I think Honest Woman is a good country album with a clear identity, but I don't think the songwriting is consistently memorable enough to make it more than that.
Dream Come True is a strong opener because the title suggests celebration while the song is really about the cost of getting what you wanted. The restrained arrangement gives the lyrics space, and it immediately establishes the more reflective side of the album.
I also like Happy For Myself. It deals with comparison and frustration in a way that feels more personal than a standard empowerment song, and Carly Pearce sounds convincing throughout.
The bluegrass material is probably the strongest part for me. Who's Lying Here benefits from the change in perspective and from Dan Tyminski's presence, while What If You Loved Me feels like one of the most natural moments on the album because the acoustic instrumentation actually becomes part of its identity.
There are also enough lighter songs to keep the record moving. She Don't and He Don't Like My Dogs add some welcome personality and stop the album becoming too serious.
My main problem is the length. Sixteen tracks is a lot, and several of the mid-tempo songs start to blur together by the second half. I rarely dislike what I am hearing, but I also don't feel the need to return to every song.
So for me this is a solid and well-written album with several clear highlights and a convincing bluegrass influence. I just don't think enough of the melodies and songs stay with me afterwards to push it much higher.
ProsStrong storytelling on Dream Come True and Who's Lying Here
Bluegrass instrumentation gives the album real character
Carly Pearce sounds natural and emotionally convincing throughout
Cons
Sixteen tracks make the album feel slightly overlong
Several mid-tempo songs occupy similar territory
The narratives are often more memorable than the melodies
Genre: Traditional Country
Country: US
Final Verdict: 65% (Good Album)
Yearly Ranking: 257th / 659
Highlight: What If You Loved Me
Made me think of:
Alison Krauss
Ashley Monroe
Miranda Lambert
#newalbum #newalbum2026 #albumrelease #newmusic #albumoftheday #nowspinning #NowPlaying #musicdiscovery
#TraditionalCountry #CarlyPearce #US
#LP #Album #release
