Ghost - 2 Big To Rig (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack / Live) (2026)
I think 2 Big To Rig is a good Ghost live album, but nowhere near essential.
The setlist is obviously strong. Cirice, Year Zero, He Is, Rats, Mary on a Cross, Dance Macabre and Square Hammer are all here, and the newer material generally fits well beside them. Peacefield works particularly well as an opener, while Umbra gains some extra weight live.
The problem is that I rarely feel I am hearing radically different versions of these songs. The performances are powerful, precise and very polished, but sometimes almost too controlled. I hear an excellent Ghost show more than a live album that changes my relationship with the material.
The length is also a real issue. One hundred minutes is generous, but I don't think I need the complete experience every time. I would probably return to selected sections rather than replay the whole album regularly.
There are some strong live moments, especially Mummy Dust and Monstrance Clock, where the crowd and extended arrangements add something substantial. But elsewhere I still prefer the studio versions.
So this is clearly above average and captures the scale of modern Ghost very well. I just don't think it offers enough reinterpretation, spontaneity or replay value to rank anywhere near their strongest records.
ProsExcellent career-spanning setlist
Strong performances and very effective live production
Mummy Dust and Monstrance Clock genuinely benefit from the concert setting
Cons
Many tracks remain very close to the studio versions
Almost too polished and controlled for a live album
100 minutes makes full-album replay less attractive
Genre: Heavy Metal
Country: Sweden
Final Verdict: 68% (Good Album)
Yearly Ranking: 84th / 653
Highlight: He is
Made me think of:
Alice Cooper
Iron Maiden
Avatar
#newalbum #newalbum2026 #albumrelease #newmusic #albumoftheday #nowspinning #NowPlaying #musicdiscovery
#HeavyMetal #Ghost #Sweden
#LP #Album #release
