Neptunian Maximalism - Nāgabhūtaṃ (2026)


Nāgabhūtaṃ is an intense mix of free jazz, drone, doom and tribal percussion that often feels more like a ritual than a traditional album. The improvised nature of the performance gives it a real sense of danger, and when the saxophone, guitar and drums all collide, it can sound absolutely huge.

The problem is that it also asks for a lot of patience. There is very little structure, almost no hooks, and several passages feel more interesting than actually enjoyable. I like the atmosphere and the ambition, but I rarely felt the need to hear where it was going next.

A unique and impressive performance, but definitely more something I respect than something I would regularly replay.

Pros
Massive, hypnotic atmosphere
Strong percussion and saxophone interplay
Genuinely adventurous and unpredictable

Cons
Very little conventional structure
Several slow and uneventful passages
Difficult to replay casually





Genre: Drone Metal
Country: Belgium

Final Verdict: 62% (Good Album)
Yearly Ranking: 432th / 610

Highlight: XIIII


Made me think of:
John Zorn
Sunn O)))
Zu

#newalbum #newalbum2026 #albumrelease #newmusic #albumoftheday #nowspinning #NowPlaying #musicdiscovery
#DroneMetal #NeptunianMaximalism #Belgium
#LP #Album #release

 

Popular posts from this blog

Cola - The Gloss (2024)

Bring Me The Horizon - Count Your Blessings | Repented (2026)

Oddleaf - Where Ideal and Denial Collide (2024)