Amyl and The Sniffers - Truth or Consequence (Live from El Coyote) (2026)


I think Arte Como Amante is a good electronic album with a very strong identity, but I don't think the songwriting is memorable enough to match the production.

Warriors is one of the clearest highlights for me. The transition into full psytrance energy works very well, and the track has enough movement to feel like more than a functional club tool.

This Is ARTCORE is probably the most representative piece on the album. It is huge, direct and immediately recognisable, and I like how confidently Paganotto commits to the combination of techno and psytrance.

The title track is another good moment. The Nile Rodgers guitar gives it a genuinely different colour, and the mixture of funk, Spanish elements and electronic production is interesting without feeling completely forced.

I also like La Patrona because the breakbeats finally change the rhythmic language of the album. It is one of the few moments where I feel the record genuinely surprises me rather than simply delivering another effective peak-time track.

My main problem is that too many other tracks work better inside a DJ set than as individual compositions.

Hello I Love You, Crush, Disney and Arrogante all have strong production and good physical impact, but I don't remember enough of their melodies or structures afterwards. The drops are effective, the sound design is polished and the energy is consistent, but that doesn't automatically create replay value for me.

The album is also very good at maintaining a recognisable Paganotto atmosphere, although after a while that identity becomes slightly repetitive. I remember the overall sound more clearly than most of the individual tracks.

So for me this is a solid, energetic and well-produced electronic album with several strong moments. I like the personality and I would keep a few tracks, but I admire the production more than I want to replay the complete album.

Pros

  • Warriors, This Is ARTCORE and La Patrona are clear highlights
  • Very strong and immediately recognisable sonic identity
  • Excellent physical impact and production throughout

Cons

  • Too many tracks feel stronger as club tools than compositions
  • Melodies and structures are less memorable than the sound design
  • The overall atmosphere is more distinctive than most individual tracks





Genre: Garage Punk
Country: US

Final Verdict: 64% (Good Album)
Yearly Ranking: 322th / 665

Highlight: Fella


Made me think of:
The Gun Club
The Cramps
Supersuckers

#newalbum #newalbum2026 #albumrelease #newmusic #albumoftheday #nowspinning #NowPlaying #musicdiscovery
#GaragePunk #AmylandTheSniffers #US
#LP #Album #release

 

Popular posts from this blog

Cola - The Gloss (2024)

Bring Me The Horizon - Count Your Blessings | Repented (2026)