Paris Paloma - The Fatal Flaw (2026)
I think The Fatal Flaw is a very good album with a strong identity, but I don't think the melodies are consistently memorable enough to push it higher.
Miyazaki works well as an introduction because it immediately establishes the album's relationship with art and creation without overloading the arrangement.
Rothko is stronger for me. The idea of standing in front of something and trying to force yourself to feel what you think you should feel is simple, but emotionally effective.
get her the fucking flowers is probably one of the clearest highlights. The restrained arrangement helps, and the central image is strong enough that the song doesn't need a huge climax.
I also really like Pre-Raphaelite. The strings and more ornate production actually fit the subject rather than simply decorating it, and it gives the album one of its most distinctive sonic moments.
Good Girl is useful because it changes the rhythm of the record completely. The more physical production stops the album from becoming twelve variations of dramatic chamber folk.
Pyrrhus is where I start to feel the main limitation. I find the concept genuinely interesting, but I remember the mythology and the idea behind the song more clearly than the melody itself.
The same happens occasionally elsewhere. Paris Paloma is extremely good at creating images, arguments and emotional situations, but some songs stay with me more as pieces of writing than as songs I immediately want to replay.
Good Boy works better because the structure is more direct, while Beautiful Birds brings some welcome warmth near the end.
Then I Cry in Front of Paintings closes the album very well. I like how it resolves the ideas introduced in Rothko and gives the record a genuine sense of completion.
So for me this is clearly above average because the voice, writing, arrangements and full-album structure are all distinctive.
But I still think there is a difference between admiring how well the album is constructed and wanting to return regularly to most of the individual tracks.
Pros
- get her the fucking flowers, Pre-Raphaelite and I Cry in Front of Paintings are strong highlights
- Very distinctive voice, writing and artistic identity
- Excellent full-album coherence and sequencing
Cons
- Concepts are sometimes more memorable than melodies
- Several songs are more impressive as writing than as replayable compositions
- The emotional density can make the middle section feel slightly heavy
Genre: Art Pop
Country: UK
Final Verdict: 67% (Good Album)
Yearly Ranking: 145th / 668
Highlight: Pyrrhus (you go where I cannot)
Made me think of:
Florence + The Machine
Aurora
Tori Amos
#newalbum #newalbum2026 #albumrelease #newmusic #albumoftheday #nowspinning #NowPlaying #musicdiscovery
#ArtPop #ParisPaloma #UK
#LP #Album #release
