Ellie Goulding - I Know Too Much (2026)


I think I Know Too Much is a good Ellie Goulding album because it finally gives her voice more space again, but I don't think the songwriting is consistently memorable enough to make it a major one.

Black Prada Dress is a strong opener. I like how the electronic percussion and backing vocals gradually become more intense around her, and the song has enough personality to stand out immediately.

Jealousy is interesting lyrically, but this is also where I start to feel the limitation of the album. The production is polished and Ellie's voice is excellent, but the melody doesn't stay with me as clearly as the emotion behind it.

Loser is simpler but more fun. The chorus is almost stupidly direct, although in this case I think that works better than trying to make every song profound.

4 Seasons is one of the highlights for me. The acoustic warmth gives Ellie's voice much more room, and the song feels natural rather than overproduced.

I also like Nobody Dances, especially the layered vocals, although I am less convinced that the song itself is as memorable as its production.

Always Think of You is a useful change of pace and reconnects with the folk side of her earlier music, but again I admire the vulnerability more than I remember the melody.

For Your Entertainment is clearly the best track for me. The arrangement actually grows with the emotion of the song, and this is one of the few moments where the production feels slightly dangerous rather than simply elegant.

Misremember You has one of the best ideas on the album, but it also illustrates my main problem. I remember what the song is about more easily than I remember the song.

The title track works better in the context of the full album, while Ravers is a very good ending. After so much introspection, returning to electronic music and the idea of finding freedom on the dance floor gives the album a genuine sense of release.

The short running time helps enormously. Ten songs and thirty-five minutes means there is very little real filler.

Still, I think the strongest tracks are clearly stronger than the middle of the album. Ellie's voice remains instantly recognisable and the record is easy to listen to, but several songs feel polished rather than essential.

So for me this is a good, compact and personal pop album with four or five tracks I would clearly keep, but not enough memorable melodies to push it much higher.

Pros

  • For Your Entertainment, 4 Seasons, Black Prada Dress and Ravers are strong highlights
  • Ellie Goulding's voice is still extremely distinctive
  • Compact 35-minute structure keeps the album easy to replay

Cons

  • Several songs are more memorable lyrically than melodically
  • The production occasionally smooths out emotions that should feel sharper
  • Clear gap between the strongest songs and the rest






Genre: Pop
Country: UK

Final Verdict: 66% (Good Album)
Yearly Ranking: 211th / 669

Highlight: for your entertainment


Made me think of:
Lykke Li – so sad so sexy
Robyn – Honey
Carly Rae Jepsen – The Loneliest Time


#newalbum #newalbum2026 #albumrelease #newmusic #albumoftheday #nowspinning #NowPlaying #musicdiscovery
#Pop #EllieGoulding #UK
#LP #Album #release

 

Popular posts from this blog

Cola - The Gloss (2024)

Bring Me The Horizon - Count Your Blessings | Repented (2026)